Starting on Monday, 27 June 2016, the ICANN 56 meeting will take place in Helsinki, Finland.
This is the first meeting in ICANN’s new shorter “B” format of a “policy forum”. As a result, there have been some changes to the schedule of DNSSEC activities (which are expected to return to their regular format for ICANN 57 this fall in Hyderabad):
- There is no “DNSSEC for Everyone” beginner session.
- The “DNSSEC Workshop” has moved from Wednesday to Monday and is only 4 hours instead of the usual 6+ hours.
- The “DNSSEC Implementers Gathering” has changed from Monday night to Tuesday night so as not to conflict with the ICANN reception.
Here is what the schedule looks like:
The DNSSEC Workshop will take place on the morning of Monday, 27 June 2016. All times are Eastern European Summer Time (EEST), which is UTC+3.
We are grateful to four companies for their sponsorship of this event: Afilias, CIRA, Dyn and SIDN.
- 09:15-09:30–Introduction/Maps: Dan York, Internet Society
- 09:30-10:00–Measurement Survey of Server-Side DNSSEC Adoption: Matthäus Wander
- 10:00-10:15–Observation of DNSSEC Trends: Geoff Huston, APNIC
- 10:15-11:15–Panel Discussion: DNSSEC Deployment Challenges: Nick Shorey, Dani Grant, CloudFlare, Ari-Matti Husa, FICORA, Geoff Huston, APNIC
- 11:15-11:45–KSK Rollover and ZSK Length Increase: Roy Arends, ICANN and Duane Wessels, Verisign
- 11:45-12:00–DNSSEC Encryption Algorithms: Dan York, Internet Society, and Ondrej Sury, CZNIC
- 12:00-12:15–DNSSEC: How Can I Help? Dan York, Internet Society, and Russ Mundy, Parsons
- 12:15-12:30–DNSSEC/DNS Quiz: Roy Arends, ICANN
- 12:30-13:30–Sponsored Lunch
All sessions will be available for remote participation and will be recorded for later viewing:
- Adobe Connect https://icann.adobeconnect.com/hel56-veranda2
- English Audio http://stream.icann.org:8000/hel56-veranda2
- English Audio (Low Bitrate) http://stream.icann.org:8000/hel56-veranda2-en-lo.m3u
We’ve got some great sessions and we’re looking forward to another exciting session! And after lunch you can stay around for “Tech Day” where there will be a range of other DNS-related talks.
DNSSEC Implementers Gathering
On Tuesday evening, many of us who have been involved with DNSSEC, DANE or “DNS security” will gather informally at a local restaurant in Helsinki. We’ll have some light food, drinks and conversation. If you’d like to join us, please email Dan York at email@example.com .
And… that will be it! If you are at ICANN 56 please do say hello – you can find Dan York in these sessions… or drop him a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and he can arrange a time to connect.