This animated GIF shows announced, estimated, and actual DNSSEC adoption by ccTLDs from January 2006 through July 2014 as of March 6, 2012. The map is a work in progress. We’re pretty sure about the past and present. If you manage a ccTLD and have a schedule for deployment or have updates/corrections, let us know at info @ dnssec-deployment.org. We’d like to see a more colorful, even completely red, map in the future.
- Experimental: We have reason to believe the ccTLD is experimenting with DNSSEC.
- Announced: The ccTLD has announced that they will support DNSSEC.
- Partial Operation: The ccTLD is signed, though possibly doesn’t have its DS in the root or isn’t taking signed delegations.
- DS in Root: The ccTLD has placed its DS in the root.
- Operational : The ccTLD is signed, its DS is in the root, and it is taking signed delegations.